Intro... and I thought for a while what to put here about me. :) What do you wanna know? I am just a simple guy working in an IT Company handling Operations and Project Management. I'm also going through a torturous 16 months "express" double degree course at Kaplan APMI - Murdoch University. In this blog, you will basically find alot of nonsense from me.

I like to complain and yes I complain alot but for things that are not right. If you know me well enough then you will know that I always complain for a reason :D otherwise I am just like any quiet guy next door starring at the laptop screen.

This blog details my daily experiences as well as my training for my runs. I have taken an interest in running since last year and I am working towards completing a Marathon this year... Do feel free to comment or message me I will definitely reply and if you need to email me, feel free to drop your emails to terencetkp@gmail.com!
 
 
>> Part 1 of a Long Waited Entry: Singapore Bay Run a...
>> its tough being a trainer
>> Random Thoughts..
>> finally its over!
>> Long Post Part 2!
>> Long Post ahead! Watch out!
>> bloody day
>> run away run away
>> I-Run
>> Long Post AHead!
 
>> November 2007
>> December 2007
>> January 2008
>> February 2008
>> March 2008
>> April 2008
>> May 2008
>> June 2008
>> July 2008
>> August 2008
>> September 2008
>> October 2008
 
>> SG Runners
>> May My Run
>> Bad Guys Win
 
Thursday, September 11, 2008
//Part 2: Exams Results and Nike Human Race
Yeah, as promised the second part of my blog entry! Before I begin my story telling, let me just briefly talk about what I did today.

As usual I went to work late (because I have been sleeping late GAH!) and then yeah was rushing and helping my guys out with some delivery of some last minute work from my boss so whole afternoon was spent doing alot of adhoc stuffs. Evening, I met DO to go chinatown to buy lanterns but man the lantern there was 2 times more expensive than the ones I saw! DO treated me to yu pian mian xian and thanks DO for all the advice on training and stuffs! Very useful and I really appreciate it!

Rushed back home to meet Jeremy for a run. I met him in the forum la and we never really met before till today. It was a good run though until my ITB starts to flare up and then I had to slow down my pace. Ran about 5km with him before we did some form of light stretches in the park before walking home. I ran with my new MI:Adidas darling today and find that its rather comfy! Just that its alittle bit too bright though :P. Here's a picture of my darling with me.



Alright I shall now continue Part 2 of my long entry.


Examination Results

As some of those who know, there were some saga with regards to my course units and a debate on the number of units to take before graduation arises. We have to achieve a minimum of 72 credits to pass and based on the number of units that I have taken, I would need another 4 more credits to complete the course if I pass my trimester 3 exams. And so I was informed by my dean that the results would be out on Thursday and so on Thursday night, I logged on to the system to see my results and was happy that I had passed and done well for my exams! Hurray! I have one more subject and that's my FYP to complete the degree program. So far I have already taken 8 units and I have achieved a total of 4 High Distinctions, 3 Distinctions and 1 Credit! I'm pretty happy as I have worked hard for it. Special Thanks to my boss and colleagues for supporting me and doing my work when I was away busy studying for exams! Thanks People!

Nike Plus Human Race

Spent the week after AHM to do recovery runs at i-run on tuesday and thursday. As usual went for the standard coffee and tea after run and I'm enjoying each and every single I-Run!

The Nike Plus Human race was one of the most enjoyable race I ever had. Prior to the race on Saturday, I had specially went down to the Comex Show 2008 to get a digital camera to shoot some fun photos on race day! I am beginning to enjoy cam whoring with the new me. :). I was loss in a decision to make, Sony Camera or the Olympus Water and Shock Proof Model? or the latest Olympus u1040? Eventually, I settled down with the u1040 after much persuasion from Huiming. He was nice enough to go with me to buy the camera and in return, I went with him to buy some clothes for a wedding dinner that he will be attending the next day.

The race started at 4.30pm in the afternoon and I was pretty early and so met up with DO, Raven, Niwazzz, Aero, BoSe and lots more sgrunners. I was early because prior to that, I had met up with my school's lecturer for a drink at Brewerks! I didn't drink la but its more of a chit chat and talk. Here's a picture of my class mates with Mr Danny. :)



We went early to the start line and was able to squeeze in front to gain an advantage though I am not a very fast runner. :) We already start cam whoring before the actual run and I took quite alot of pictures with the gang. Saw the panda as well as jessica liu and joanne peh up close! Though not say very close but yeah I was able to see them within sight! The race started off abit late but yeah I managed to run at a comfortable pace. The roads were pretty slippery as there was a light drizzle during the rain and so I slowed down a little and at the same time encouraged those little boys to continue running and not stopped. Saw quite a few sgrunners along the way with Charmaine catching up or me and eventually running way towards the front of the pack. Make my final dash as I heard tekko shouted out my name :) and clocked in a timing of 53:59. I had achieved a new PB and was ranked 669 out of 10k participants! I am really proud of myself! hehe.



After the run, I had spent the rest of the time cam-whoring with my new camera and my sgrunners friends before we go for makan @ Marina Square and then heading back home to work on a neat montage for the event.



I'm glad that Nike has made up for the race pack collection saga by organizing such a great run! I enjoyed it with all my new found sg runners kakis!

That should be all for tonight. Part 3 of my post will cover the i-run montages and mooncake runs, my trip to CGH Sports Clinic and yeah FYP Project!

Time to go sleep already! :)
posted by Terence @ 12:13 AM| comments? (0)