Intro... and I thought for a while what to put here about me. :) What do you wanna know? I am just a simple guy working in an IT Company handling Operations and Project Management. I'm also going through a torturous 16 months "express" double degree course at Kaplan APMI - Murdoch University. In this blog, you will basically find alot of nonsense from me.

I like to complain and yes I complain alot but for things that are not right. If you know me well enough then you will know that I always complain for a reason :D otherwise I am just like any quiet guy next door starring at the laptop screen.

This blog details my daily experiences as well as my training for my runs. I have taken an interest in running since last year and I am working towards completing a Marathon this year... Do feel free to comment or message me I will definitely reply and if you need to email me, feel free to drop your emails to terencetkp@gmail.com!
 
 
>> finally its over!
>> Long Post Part 2!
>> Long Post ahead! Watch out!
>> bloody day
>> run away run away
>> I-Run
>> Long Post AHead!
>> finally there's a closure..
>> time management / f*cking pissed off / 6km Simei Run
>> Eat + Shop, Eat + Shop
 
>> November 2007
>> December 2007
>> January 2008
>> February 2008
>> March 2008
>> April 2008
>> May 2008
>> June 2008
>> July 2008
>> August 2008
>> September 2008
>> October 2008
 
>> SG Runners
>> May My Run
>> Bad Guys Win
 
Sunday, August 17, 2008
//Random Thoughts..
I'm feeling pretty moody today. Having the mood swings that I have not been getting for the longest time.

Woke up at 5.10am this morning to bath and get ready to go out to East Coast for the Nike 8km. If you had read my previous post, you would know that I didn't really sleep "early" the night before and so yeah I'm feeling alittle sleepy and tired.

Had one piece of bread with ham and water before going out. Reached the venue on time by 7.15am and saw a couple of the SG Runners people there. Met DreamRunner and he told me to just go ahead and trial their shoes. I thought it was a good idea too so I tried to put on their Nike Pegasus to run. At first they had wanted to give me another model (i can't really remember the name) but they couldn't find the right sizing, so I had trialed the Pegasus one instead. The weight felt a little bit heavier but after all its a control shoe so I shouldn't be complaining too much.

We did the warm ups as usual and I was already started to feel exhausted. Yes, exhausted. I am not sure what is wrong with me, I thought I had enough rest since Thursday as I didn't do any runs but I am still exhausted. It could be probably due to the lack of sleep from Friday's night drinking at Brewerkz and the night before late night sleep. The run started and I started slow with FrootLoops suddenly popping by to say hi. Oh by the way, "NICE HAIR brother!". We chatted a while before he sped off to the front of the pack while quincy and me maintained our 6-6.30min/km pace. We were trying to find a marathon pace la so had to slow down a little. I felt a litte bit of pain at my left knee and I suspect that I had kena the worst nightmare of all runners - ITB injuries. I suspect its from last tuesday strenous I-Run in which I did my personal best with my adizero LT (sighed should have used the adizero tempo). The pain went off after awhile but somehow I was unable to push my self to maintain my pace. I was really feeling very shag towards the 4km U-Turn point and was on the verge of giving up liao and sleek even caught up with us and left and when ahead of us soon after as our "sea breeze and smell flower" pace is really too slow.

I also felt a pain on both my toes from the Nike Shoe that I was trialing but however I tried to continue and push myself hard enough to read the finishing point with a timing of 46 mins. I felt that I could have done better if I had rested more and wore the correct shoes during I-Run. I am starting to regret now and I'm worried that this will affect my "maiden" 21km AHM. I was off to a good start but sigh I should have acted fast enough to prevent getting an injury. Now all I can hope for is that I can have a speedy recovery so that I will be able to run in this coming Sunday. By the way, the Nike Shoes don't really suit me, I had abit of abrasion after that. :(

As I started on this Journey since September last year, I had never looked back nor regretted running. I started to feel tired of what I am doing everyday (studies and work) and running has just helped to give me a new focus in life. It has changed my life and help me become who I am now. I felt a new me in myself and I am beginning to love this new me. But somehow I also feel that its difficult to play catch up with this new me. Alot of mental playing, discipline and determination is required, and at the same time I have to handle whatever emotional barrier (mood swings) that I will be going through.

Things about information technology no longer seems to be of interest to me. I spoke to a few of my friends and class mates and they felt that I have too many things to focus at work, which resulted in me losing the interest and focus. I think I have to agree as I am really getting tired of all the things I have to do at work and study everyday, I don't have something to really focus on, but instead I have become a multi tasker. I like my new role but at the same time, I have to work on my old roles. They just keep stacking on instead of changing. If only I can have the time to manage a group of people, focus on doing what I really have to do then to do all the 1001 adhoc things (like troulbeshooting and managing projects and writing minutes!), then I wouldn't have felt so tired with my job. To be fair, I am sick and tired of school as well and I cant wait to finish the next trimester. Things got on to a good start but as I start to go through each and every single unit that I had to fulfill, it felt like that's not what I really want to do! I maybe good at it but it doesn't really interest me that much now. I can excel in it but I don't feel happy.

All I want now is to get it over and done with and it seems that I am not far from my goals. School has dropped out two subjects from the last trimester and revised on the modules to be taken. According to the requirements, I would need to achieve 72 credits to pass the course and so far I have already achieved 68 (including the two units in the 3rd trimester) with a gross GPA of 3.33/4. And if my maths is right I just have to do one more unit to graduate but sadly both units in the next trimester are CORE units, which means they are required to be completed in order to pass the course, so LL suck thumb I have to take. And it happened that one of the subject that I had to take this trimester is actually an elective (optional) but yet the school didn't really inform us so yeah I suffered for nothing (it was a really tough subject!). Anyway now all I can hope for is better grades for this trimester.

Well you see all I can really do is to complain about it. I just hope that things will turn out better.

Nights. *loner*
posted by Terence @ 11:22 PM| comments? (0)