Intro... and I thought for a while what to put here about me. :) What do you wanna know? I am just a simple guy working in an IT Company handling Operations and Project Management. I'm also going through a torturous 16 months "express" double degree course at Kaplan APMI - Murdoch University. In this blog, you will basically find alot of nonsense from me.

I like to complain and yes I complain alot but for things that are not right. If you know me well enough then you will know that I always complain for a reason :D otherwise I am just like any quiet guy next door starring at the laptop screen.

This blog details my daily experiences as well as my training for my runs. I have taken an interest in running since last year and I am working towards completing a Marathon this year... Do feel free to comment or message me I will definitely reply and if you need to email me, feel free to drop your emails to terencetkp@gmail.com!
 
 
>> Long Post Part 2!
>> Long Post ahead! Watch out!
>> bloody day
>> run away run away
>> I-Run
>> Long Post AHead!
>> finally there's a closure..
>> time management / f*cking pissed off / 6km Simei Run
>> Eat + Shop, Eat + Shop
>> new look + new beginning
 
>> November 2007
>> December 2007
>> January 2008
>> February 2008
>> March 2008
>> April 2008
>> May 2008
>> June 2008
>> July 2008
>> August 2008
>> September 2008
>> October 2008
 
>> SG Runners
>> May My Run
>> Bad Guys Win
 
Sunday, August 17, 2008
//finally its over!
Sigh I cant get to sleep. Was on the bed flipping here and there... then remembered the advice from quincy, so I woke up to do something boring and hope it helps to make me go sleep.

I have a 8km Nike Plus Training Run tomorrow at East Coast Park and I had planned to wake up at around 5am so that I can leave my house by 6am to catch a bus to ECP. But it seems that I am having difficulties going to sleep. :(

Finally the exams are finally over! I am one step closer to completing the double majors! The road towards the double majors has never been smooth, and trust me, there's a new upcoming problem with the school. I guess its like fated that we will have a new problem at the start of every new trimester. I just hope all goes well so that I can graduate in peace.

After my first paper on monday, I had spent the time doing work for a project. I am supposed to conduct user trainings starting from next Monday to Wednesday for a big organisation but sigh It seems that there's alot of problems on their side. They last minute cant firm up on their data migration and were unwilling to release the data for migration. Sometimes, its hard to work with big organisations because they will always try to be "right" and who gets the blame? The vendor of course! but looking at the timeline, we were only a few days away from the training and yet we have not done the migration not because we didn't prepare for it, but they were unwilling to do it. Luckily it all got sorted out on Friday and my poor colleague aka best friend has to stay in office till the wee hours to clean up their data while I took my last paper.

On tuesday, I went for I-Run despite strong winds and heavy rain in Tampines. I was hesitated at first but I would like to try Cokiee's 5BX as well so rain or shine, I tell myself that I have to attend (unless I am sick of course!). The turnout wasn't that huge on tuesday (probably due to the dark clouds in the CBD area) but the run was a good run. I had achieved a new PB for my 7km I-Run in 32mins. It was great to be talking to david and listening to his advice on the shoes that I am wearing. I was supposed to retire my adizero lt remember? but I wore it that day as I was worried of dirtying my new one.. but sigh I shouldnt have thought of it that way.. what is more important than taking good care of my pair of legs? *slaps myself*

I had the accompany of sacha during the run and he had helped to make me maintain my pace (or rather not slow down) as he was following closely behind me. I felt the stress to keep up but I had managed to keep up nonetheless. Towards the ending, ayin had paced me as well and told me to concentrate and focus as I gave my best towards the finishing line. It was a great run but yeah i suffered a little bit of knee pain (probably due to the hard flooring and the shoe :().

I hop over to meet the CBD runners as well to make payment for the running tee. It was my first time meeting the group and was nice to be able to meet up with people like tao, tiwazzz, stuck, tekko, laserrunner. I spent awhile chatting with some of them before I make my way home. Wednesday was a stay home day and thursday was a i-run day.

For thursday's run, quincy aka terence (also) came and we met slightly earlier to go for a 3km run ourselves before we do another 7km run with the rest. We were trying to find our marathon pace, so we had slowed down our pace and tried to keep to a comfortable pace of 6 to 6.30min/km. The weather was pretty hot and yeah we were sweating like pigs :P. Met alot of other runners like zco and auron and we had the chance to speak to halftimer as well as he shared his experience with us. we also went for coffee with the fat bird team after the run and had a good chat at the coffee shop. It was a fun day alright and right after the run, I made my way to bugis in my running attire to meet my primary school friends.

It has been ages since I last met them.. like after PSLE or sort? We didn't really meet up. Ok I didn't take the effort as well but yeah Its great seeing everyone again. Everyone looked practically the same though, no changes except to their lives. Like some already married, some working, some studying and etc etc. It was pretty surprising that Mr steven, our primary six teacher came along as well. It was good to see him as we chatted.


*I'm not in the picture because... I was running at I-Run :P. Yanyin, Zhangfeng, Kaiwen, Guoming, Yihao, Jiaxin, Alex's GF, Alex, Mr Steven (From Left to Right)


*Me with Jiaxin and Guoming before I left.

Friday was a tough day as I struggle to study for a Unit that I don't really have to take alright.. but its a screw up from somewhere :(. The paper is damn tough and the tips given from the lecturer was a complete waste of time! All the 5 essay questions were pretty tough and I had a hard time doing it. By 9pm, I was out of the examinations hall as I told myself to give up. Its pointless sitting there where there's no output coming out from my brain. Whatever grades I am gonna get right now, I guess I shall let fate decide.

I didn't go home straight but waited for my classmates as we had plans to go brewerkz for a drink. Its like something we will do every trimester now to relax. Mark, huiming, lian ping, foong, ivan and me met up for two tower of brewerkz beer. We drank till 1am plus and after which, mark, huiming and me went to clarke quay for a walk. Yes a WALK, we didn't chiong lah. Old bones already so can't dance at the dance floor anymore. I waited for 2N after that as I make my way home to sleep!

On Saturday, I had practically spent the whole day watching mobtv as well as movies. Watched the movie 21, some of the 100m mens and womens olympic heats and 6 episodes of the comedy sayang sayang. The plot is pretty funny and actually reminds me of goong... :)

That's all for today. I will continue tomorrow before I start work again. :(
posted by Terence @ 12:08 AM| comments? (0)