Intro... and I thought for a while what to put here about me. :) What do you wanna know? I am just a simple guy working in an IT Company handling Operations and Project Management. I'm also going through a torturous 16 months "express" double degree course at Kaplan APMI - Murdoch University. In this blog, you will basically find alot of nonsense from me.

I like to complain and yes I complain alot but for things that are not right. If you know me well enough then you will know that I always complain for a reason :D otherwise I am just like any quiet guy next door starring at the laptop screen.

This blog details my daily experiences as well as my training for my runs. I have taken an interest in running since last year and I am working towards completing a Marathon this year... Do feel free to comment or message me I will definitely reply and if you need to email me, feel free to drop your emails to terencetkp@gmail.com!
 
 
>> Long Post ahead! Watch out!
>> bloody day
>> run away run away
>> I-Run
>> Long Post AHead!
>> finally there's a closure..
>> time management / f*cking pissed off / 6km Simei Run
>> Eat + Shop, Eat + Shop
>> new look + new beginning
>> Updates in Progress
 
>> November 2007
>> December 2007
>> January 2008
>> February 2008
>> March 2008
>> April 2008
>> May 2008
>> June 2008
>> July 2008
>> August 2008
>> September 2008
>> October 2008
 
>> SG Runners
>> May My Run
>> Bad Guys Win
 
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
//Long Post Part 2!
Another Long Post... Continuation of the previous post!

I just finished my first examinations paper - ICT 306 Software Architecture. It was quite alright considering the fact that the examination questions didn't change much since 2005. :D and to be franked, I only started revising like Friday or Saturday because I was practically clearing my work before I go on leave... but it seems that work's never ending.. :(

Anyway back to what happened on last Tuesday. I met Sean for a run at I-Run and did a 5km with him. Afterwhich, we went to Katong to eat Katong Laksa. It was sinful alright and I have not touched Laksa for close to 2 to 3 years but I thought that its ok to sin for that day with him... but yeah after I got home.. I felt really bad about it and so I went out for another 10km run and so in total I did 15km that day! I started the run at a slower pace as I am trying to find a comfortable pace to complete my marathon. I did a slightly different route today by running on the opposite direction towards TPJC and Dunman Secondary School. I then continued running to East View Secondary school before reaching Tampines Polyclinic and thats where I continued with the normal route that I used to take. Upon reaching the junction at Safra Tampines, I continue running towards the express way towards Simei and CGH and did a loop around Simei before coming back to Tampines. The total distance covered was around 10.5km and the map for the route can be found below.



The following Wednesday was a rest day for me and I stayed home as well to prepare for my exams but I spent the day working on some pages for my Administrative Officer to perform her data entry duties. In the evening, I had an appointment at Adidas The Cathay to have my customised Mi:Adidas shoe made. I was supposed to purchase my adizero tempo that day as well but the blur me had forgotten to bring out my DBS Rewards voucher and thus couldnt make the purchase that day.

I had reached adidas on time as schedule and was told to fill in a form with my particulars. I was then told to step into this fit measurement machine where it measures the sizes of my feet. Benjamin (Hope I got his name correctly), the person in charge of the customisation team them took me through a process of choosing the colors for my shoe. God! I didn't know there are so many parts of the shoe that can be customised and I was having a bad headache choosing the colors for my shoe! I wasn't prepared at all but luckily Benjamin gave me some ideas as to the types of colors I should choose to make sure they blend well. As it is a customised shoe, I had decided to use bright colors instead of dull ones, else I could have just bought a normal adidas shoe. The type of shoe that I had choosen was the Adidas Supernova Sequence. It will be used for my training runs. Finally I had choosen the colors that I think I want and confirmed the order. I do have a picture of how the shoe will look like but its pretty blurry so I think I will upload it once I gotten my shoe in 3 to 4 weeks time.

On the following day, I made my way to the Adidas boutique at Tampines Mall to make my purchase for the adizero tempo! Finally a new pair of shoe for my runs! I have been running on my existing adidas LT for quite some time since Jan to Feb this year and I was told that I shouldn't be running in that as it would most probably break my legs! I took their advice seriously and gotten the adizero tempo that I will use for my races while my supernova will be used for my training runs. However I do think there will be a need to get another pair for alternate trainings, but that will be when I increase and intensify my training runs :P

Here's some pictures of my new adizero tempo as well as my old adizero LT. Thank you my dear LT for servicing me for so long. Its time you retired where you will be converted into a normal outing shoe. :D


My Adizero Tempo



My Old Adizero LT


On Friday, I went to office for a while before heading to ashley's to have my hair cut. I then made my way home but stopped along Tanah Merah to go to Singapore Expo to see if I can grab some nice books at the Border's Book Fair. At first I couldnt find much as most of the books don't really suit me but soon i spotted a book that I had previously enquired Borders about and they actually told me that have no stock and here it is stacking on the table at the book fair! Ultra Marathon Man - Confessions of an All night runner man by Dean Karnazes.

Actually I'm supposed to have completed the last few chapters of The Last Lecture but Albert introducted me to the Ultra Marathon Man book and told me that I have to beg, steal, borrow to get my hands on it and its so fated that I actually found it during the book fair at an amazing price as well! I also bought other books by James Patterson but those were mainly fictional books. Satisfied with the trip, I made my way home and getting myself ready for the Beijing Olympics. I was wow by the opening ceremony and was amazed by the efforts put in by Beijing. They have definitely raise the standard of Olympics and I wonder how will the next one try to be on par when I am totally WOW by the stunning effects and choreography! Bows!

On Saturday I spent my timing revising for Software Architecture la. Actually not really revising but more on spotting questions (but every year the same set of questions will come out and so its more about memorising the answers to those questions, if only every lecturer is like that.. :P). In the evening, I watched a little bit of NDP 2008 before I decided to go out for a run. This time I had planned to make my way to Changi Beach and SAF Ferry Terminal. I started slow at a comfortable pace of around 6.30min / km. As the rain had just stopped not too long ago, the weather was actually very nice and cooling and I had brought along a water bottle with me. The route seems fine except for the stretch along hendon camp (commando camp). Its pretty damn and quiet and you can hear the dogs barking from the camp. Its damn creepy lor and you seldom see anyone at the bus stop. The road at Changi Village wasnt very nice to run as well as there are some road works going on so you have to navigate your way here and there before turning towards Nicoll Drive. I finally reached SAF Ferry Terminal and that was almost already 8km from my place. I looked at my watch and was pretty happy with the pace. The timing is slow but what I had wanted to achieve here is a comfortable marathon pace. I didn't want to go at a very fast pace and then ended up with injuries and stress fractures. The runs at I-Runs has trained me to be fast but at the same time, I didn't want to adopt the same pace for a 21k or marathon.

I U-turned at the bustop outside SAF Ferry Terminal and made my way back, passing by many families have BBQs and etc and then back towards Loyang and Tampines. The total distance covered was closed to 16.5km at a timing of 1hr 43mins. That works out to about 6mins18secs per km and I am very happy with that timing. I wasn't really tired and I thought that I can still push for another 5km to reach 21km but I didn't want to strain my legs la so I stopped and got myself dinner and a drink. Here's the route for the run.



As for Sunday and Monday, I had spent the time memorising lah. What else. and sigh there's something else that I actually wanna blog about but I shall leave it to the next one. The post is getting too long :P.

Good Nite!

To be continued...
posted by Terence @ 1:53 AM| comments? (0)