Intro... and I thought for a while what to put here about me. :) What do you wanna know? I am just a simple guy working in an IT Company handling Operations and Project Management. I'm also going through a torturous 16 months "express" double degree course at Kaplan APMI - Murdoch University. In this blog, you will basically find alot of nonsense from me.

I like to complain and yes I complain alot but for things that are not right. If you know me well enough then you will know that I always complain for a reason :D otherwise I am just like any quiet guy next door starring at the laptop screen.

This blog details my daily experiences as well as my training for my runs. I have taken an interest in running since last year and I am working towards completing a Marathon this year... Do feel free to comment or message me I will definitely reply and if you need to email me, feel free to drop your emails to terencetkp@gmail.com!
 
 
>> its tough being a trainer
>> Random Thoughts..
>> finally its over!
>> Long Post Part 2!
>> Long Post ahead! Watch out!
>> bloody day
>> run away run away
>> I-Run
>> Long Post AHead!
>> finally there's a closure..
 
>> November 2007
>> December 2007
>> January 2008
>> February 2008
>> March 2008
>> April 2008
>> May 2008
>> June 2008
>> July 2008
>> August 2008
>> September 2008
>> October 2008
 
>> SG Runners
>> May My Run
>> Bad Guys Win
 
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
//Part 1 of a Long Waited Entry: Singapore Bay Run and AHM 2008
Ok. I have received like 1001 complaints through my customer service that my blog is outdated. Ok Sorry to disappoint everyone ah! I have been too busy doing montages for my runs, going out for trainings, attending lessons, surfing sgrunners.com forum and slacking to blog :P

I have also been busy emoing for a few nights. Somethings didn't turn out the way I had expected it to be but well that's life right? Gotta move on and be happy.

I belive this blog entry is gonna be another very lengthy one cos there's just too many things to update already! I shall divide it into sections so enjoy reading and dont scold me hor!

Singapore Bay Run and Army Half Marathon 2008

on 24/08/2008, I have done something that I had never thought I was able to accomplish, and that's AHM. I still remember back in November 2007, I wrote this in the Running Resolution thread in SgRunners:

"I Hope I will still be running! I MUST BE RUNNING STILL! and I hope to target by the first half of the year, i can finish my first 21km so that I can take part in AHM =X I'd nvr taken part in AHM before cos i always kena excuse and have to do clerk duties in tekong during my army days.. so hope I can achieve that goal..

AND OF COURSE! Lose weight and stay healthy! =) "

Looking back, I have to say that I have successfully fulfilled the resolution that I have set for myself. This is the first time that I had actually fulfilled my new year resolution and I am so proud of it (Past years resolutions is always about losing weight and I had never accomplished it till now).

I told myself to sleep early the night before the race and so I hit my bed like 9plus but was unable to sleep at all. I started rolling left, right and center and was still wide awake at 2am! I had arranged with Justin (ckoksing) and zco to meet around 5am so that we will be early to put our baggage and be ready for the flag off but sigh i just cant get to sleep! Perhaps I was just too excited about the race. I woke up as planned, ate my ham and sandwich before bathing and meeting Justin. When we reached there, I was like OMFG, why is there so many people! Ok I admit that I'm a suaku but yeah I have yet to participate in races of this scale so yeah I was shocked for a moment but managed to calm myself down and headed to meet Terence to deposit our bags into the locker.

Went to the toilet, met Simon and then left to proceed to the start line. By then, I was already stucked towards the back of the crowd and luckily there was benny who guided me and quincy and several sgrunners further towards the start line. In a few minutes, the race began as I started with a slow jog and slowly picking up my pace. Was running side by side with Terence (Quincy) and it did help to maintain my pace throughout the race. Saw Charmane and the rest turning back at the u-turn point while we were only approaching it. 10km at 1hr plus minutes and I am feeling pretty good and energetic. Saw my ex army rsm along the way, said hi to him and he still remembered me! Was a pretty proud moment as I over took him hahaha! Stopped at a few of the water points and saw someone going into a seizure halfway through the race. Felt pretty bad for him and told myself to listen to my body and to slow down my pace if I am not feeling good. Tried on a pack of GU Gel and yeah it tasted very sweet, too sweet that it made me extremely thirsty and wanting to drink more fluids than needed. I started increasing my pace during my last 1km and raise my hands in the air like what the MC did and completed my race in 2hr 11mins according to my watch. The official race results is 2:13:24:24 for my Chip Time and 2:17:39:39 for Gun Time. Overral Ranking is 402 :)

Photos for the race was uploaded today and I managed to find my picture! I have two with me hehe. I realised I always don't look good on my race pics but then again.. since when did I ever looked good? hehe :) Here's the race photos (just downloaded it on today)






After the race, I met up with the sgrunners gang to take some group picture and cam whoring and then we proceed to Marina Square for breakfast before the Nike Human Race Pack Collection Marathon. Well, the race pack was one of the worst race pack collection ever, had to queue 5 hours for it but yeah it's over so lets not talk about it anymore.

It was a great race for me, one that I had never thought I would have made it. The medal is hanging right in front of me now and yeah I'm glad I have made it this far.

I have a few more sections to update and that is the montages that I have been working on, the Nike Human Race, My Exams Results, SCSM Marathon Pacers Training as well as I-Runs! I shall continue the blog entry tomorrow!
posted by Terence @ 12:02 AM| comments? (0)